Sunday, November 14, 2010

Bankers Life And Casualty Management Position

A bit of everything, yet another says

No I'm not lost in a time warp, but rather the time I fled. And I also leaking a bit these stacks of copies to be corrected. It was so nice these days ... Went for a ride to the swamp not far from us and even if he's nice and warm, the ice was still there.

Just this ice late afternoon shows we are on borrowed time. As well enjoy it ...
Especially as winter makes me win the views of the city.

It is always better than nothing, but I have now to avoid distracting the invertebrate procrastinator I am. What I hasten not to do.

***

So I could get into a lengthy discussion about the supposed rise of the right in Quebec. There's a good record over in Le Devoir. But I think more like Foglia . At bottom, the right-hander has long suffered from all parties. But what amazes me is to see how despite the obvious failure of this policy of liberalization, privatization at all costs, we are still hoped to do more.

USA, deregulation started under Reagan, followed by Clinton and continued by Bush led directly to the financial crisis of 2008-2009. Besides the tax cuts Bush and his irresponsible deficits warriors have severely handicapped the mere ability of the American state to cope with this crisis that will last forever. It may simply worsen the zozos elected to Congress this year.

Canada does much better. Under the pretext of fighting the deficit, Harper prances to continue to dismantle the Canadian state which has reduced revenues and increased spending and military commitments. In Quebec, the Liberals (with or without Charest) will probably no other choice but to putasser right, left field being busy enough. Besides the insidious populist campaign Quebecor Media will continue to pollute the minds and policies to push tax cuts demagogic.

Not everything is perfect in Quebec. I see the bureaucratic institutions where I teach, legacy, certainly, sometimes too restrictive union rules but also oh so good governance policies. Faculties of administration scrambling to develop managers licensed, right and proper to them, which multiply the checks on behalf of the customer approach, the optimal allocation of resources or any other nonsense tends to HEC.

But I also see that the cheap child care, parental leave, a school system and affordable health care is expensive but it is appreciated when it is needed. I also note that the unemployment rate is lower here than in Ontario or the USA, which has never happened since it has statistics. This is not paradise. But it's something.

Saskatchewanians And if I were, I would think that privatizing Potash was not such a good idea, eventually.

0 comments:

Post a Comment